Friday, November 15, 2013

A walk to my Birthplace - Day 9 (40Km covered so far)


I was supposed to be in Delhi today and end my day in Ahmedabad. I was traveling for an important customer meeting in Delhi and was keenly looking forward to that.
There were only two things I was worried about:
The greatest Indian cricketers of all times – Sachin Tendulkar was to play last match of his illustrious career. I am a die-hard cricket fan and even follow the cricket matches at domestic level. Sachin also stood for everything noble on a sporting ground. I just wanted to witness his walk on the ground – LIVE.
Second was my ‘walk to birthplace’
 
Anyway, there is nothing much I could do. While leaving home, I asked my wife to record the whole day of the test match so that at least I could see it later. I landed in Delhi along with my colleague and we had a great meeting. Once the meeting was over we went over for lunch. As we finished the lunch, I was thinking about the match at the back of my mind. I called up my father to check the score and realized that today could be the day when the great man may walk on the ground for perhaps his last innings. My other meeting was still over two hours away. I desperately connected to the internet using my data card and thankfully could catch the live streaming of the match. Within 15 – 20 minutes couple of wickets went down – I was never so happy for Indian wickets!! And the hero entered! The role model of sportsmanship was given a sporting welcome not only by the audience but also the opponent team! I could finally watch significant part of his innings before going to my next meeting.
 
Happy like a lark, I wondered about my other worry – whether a wish to walk would also be fulfilled! That’s human mind for you- you get one wish granted – you ask for more!

I finished my meeting and reached Terminal 3 of Delhi Airport well ahead of time and a thought suddenly struck me -  I could easily finish at least 2-3 Km walk inside the huge terminal. I set up my APP on the phone and yes!! Did walk my 3 Km today.
I believe that if you yearn for something, it happens. When I had started my day, there was no question of compromising work for any of the two reasons. So, I did what I always do – just sincerely hoped that somehow as the day progresses I will be lucky. I carried on with I had to do and luck was waiting round the corner – at the risk of sounding melodramatic I dare say wish something from the bottom of your heart and go on living normal life- things happen!!

1 comment:

  1. I'll just add to it these small - small things adds meaning to life and at the same time give hope to look forward tom
    Thanks for a lucid blog :-)

    ReplyDelete