Thursday, November 28, 2013

A walk to my birthplace - Day 23 (94 Km covered so far)

Today I came back home in the evening and felt little unwell. I was feeling little feverish and decided to take rest. This meant that I could not go for my walk today. Since “A walk to my birthplace” has started, I really look forward to my walks. Funny, how you get going behind something with a single-minded focus once you make a mission out of it.  I was little disappointed not to add any distance to my walk today but did not want to take risk as tomorrow is a working day!

So, very unlike myself, I settled into a beanbag in the leaving room and dozed off for some time. I got up when I felt someone touching my forehead. I saw Janhavi – my 16 year old daughter checking out anxiously if I had fever. “Are you ok?” she asked. “Of course, I am, just trying to take a bit of rest. Nothing serious”.  Obviously she did not believe me and kept hovering around. She got me some water and asked, “Should I make some tea for you?” “No, thank you. But I will have some food after some time”. “Ok” she said and sat next to me. When I was ready for my supper, Janhavi quickly got up and got me some rice. “You eat here”. Once I finished my food she quickly picked up the plate and went away. “Do you need anything?” “No, I am fine”.

By now I was feeling little funny about the whole situation. I was not that unwell. The way my daughter fussed around me was peculiar! How quickly kids grow up! I was not able to decide whether I prefer my tantrum-throwing, demanding little daughter or this caring young lady.  
I suddenly started feeling much better even without covering any more distance in Kilometers – In little moments like these you realize the distance your kid has traveled!


No comments:

Post a Comment