Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A walk to my Birthplace - Day 15 (62 Km covered so far)


Today was an interesting day. Left home early morning at 6 AM for Ahmedabad and was tied up with hiring on the campus at one of the reputed management institutes.

Once campus hiring process starts, you hardly get any time to breathe. But suddenly at around 4 PM, I realized I had almost an hour’s gap in my schedule. I got up and decided to go for my daily walk as the morning or evening walk was ruled out today.

While walking, I thought about the meetings I had during the day. It is always a refreshing experience meeting young people with big ambitions. I met quite a few who had given up their stable, well-paying jobs to start education again. Almost all of them were married with kids and had left their families away to study for a year. Apart from ambition, it takes a lot of courage to do such stuff. Also involves sacrifices that they have to make giving up precious moments with the family. I really admired their motivation.

Finally day came to end and it was time to board the flight back home. Once I settled in the flight to Pune, routine started. The cabin crew took up their positions for demonstration of flight safety instructions. As the ritual started, nobody paid attention to this mandatory stuff. I kept looking at the cabin crew member. He was a young boy going about the routine drill with utmost sincerity. He must going through this every day. What a pain it must be to do something which  is mandatory but nobody either appreciates or cares!

There must such tasks in every working organization – I just hoped that none of the young people I met during the day ever get into such stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Loved the way you looked at the Pain yet the routine side of someones job...which nobody either appreciates or cares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel that all people need to do this kind of work as part of their job. But if this work is being acknoledged, people do it sincelry & not just as a formailty to put a tick for completion .... To maintain the momentum / employee motivation , Role of collegues & Manager becomes critical. As no one liked to do thankless job.

    ReplyDelete