Saturday, December 21, 2013

A walk to my Birthplace - Day 46 (130 Km covered so far)


Last  ten days were hectic coupled with extreme cold wave in Pune. To make the matters worse, I travelled for about 4 days – hmmm in short – I had multiple excuses and somehow missed my walk.

When I started this walk, I wanted to finish 240 Km before 31st December 2013. I was doing pretty ok till about couple of weeks back and then suddenly due to multiple reasons I lost almost four days. The target of walking 240 Km by 31st December looked pretty much out of reach. With that depressing thought, I almost gave up and lost 2/3 more days.

I was little sad giving up midway and it troubled me. It was my own target and nobody had thrust it upon me. Why should I be so bothered? The reason was obvious -  my blog about “A walk to my birthplace” was getting a fantastic response and I loved the attention and feedback. I guess I was missing that adulation.

I sat down and thought about it. Basic purpose of starting this project “A walk to my Birthplace” was to ensure that I keep fit. Just to keep my physical and writing fitness - intact, I branded my morning walk as “A walk to my birthplace” – and yes that worked like magic. I realized that walking 240 Km by 31st December was a secondary goal to which I had attached all my attention. The purpose of this was always my own fitness.

I just re-assessed my targets – decided to walk 240 Km before my Birthday ie 18th January and suddenly felt good. Only problem was I was scheduled to travel again – but this time I packed my walking shoes and walked in Mumbai as well as Bangalore.

While walking today in Bangalore, I realized my basic purpose is physical fitness and I need to keep walking even after 240 Km – may be I will have to start a new project “Walking past my birthplace” and then keep walking and of course keep writing J

No comments:

Post a Comment